Home Forum Ask A Member Hurricane Matthew Cat 4 (130 to 145mph)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cajuncook1
    Participant

All you Florida, Georgia and Carolina peeps please stay safe during the hurricane landfall. I hope you and your families are spared and kept safe. Our prayers are with you guys.

I know this is not a outboard post, but the safety of our fellow members/friends are of concern here.

God Bless,

Cajuncook1

dave-bernard
      Participant

US Member

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pappy
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Still over the Bahamas and just took a slight Northward turn. Hoping for that to continue. As prepped as we can be at our house.

beerman57
          Participant

Go to WFLA.com or whatever weather site you use, go to a satellite view and look about 500 miles east of Matthew – there is another hurricane spinning away out there. Might hit Bermuda.

Mumbles
            Participant

I’ve been watching some live feeds and it doesn’t look good as they say it might increase to a Cat 5 with a huge surge!

Be safe down there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5OzANNWuaQ

pappy
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Well….Lesa and I worked all, and I mean ALL, day cleaning up the front and the side yards after getting a ton of branches off the roof. We still have the back yard to go which literally has 6" to a foot of leaves and debris in it in places. She is on ALIEVE Gel caps and I am on Crown Apple tonight! Going to let the leaves and branches in the back dry some before bagging them.

frankr
                Participant

US Member

We just got home last night from Upper NY state (leaf-looking trip, not hurricane related). Everything looks fine here in Sarasota. But what was bad was the traffic and facilities overload from the refugees fleeing the storm. We came down I-75 to avoid the coast. To my view, it was just another hurricane that didn’t happen. Not saying it didn’t happen, but it wasn’t a Cat 4 and everybody didn’t die like our illustrious Governor got on national TV and said they would. But you can bet the insurance companies will use the opportunity to increase the rates AGAIN.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.