Home Forum Ask A Member 1957 35 hp Johnson RJE-19 No Top End Re: 1957 35 hp Johnson RJE-19 No Top End

joesnuffy
Participant

My nova II modules are lasting with new omc coils that I am testing currently. I think the older omc coils kill them that’s just my humble opinion. Did you put new plug wires in the motor when you added the nova modules??? Did problem start after you installed them? You may not have a good ground on a module or a good connection to the ignition coil?? I solder all my connections when using nova ii modules and mount them under flywheel.

I also think the nova II modules may last by adding the correct diode when paired with older omc coils.

Your carb also sounds like it needs attention possibly new packing?? An engine that is running to rich on high speed carb adjustment can’t get to wot normally or it may not rev as high as it should.

I ran a 1967 9.5hp Johnson with nova IIs for 2 hours 1 hour at wot with new omc coils today. It ran very well at all speeds. I am building the red atom modules now using Debe’s schematics and running the home made red atoms also. I ran my 1952 3hp 2 cylinder Johnson yesterday for 2 hours 1 hour wot and 1 hour all speeds with great results with home made red atoms. I will show my work soon with pics. A person should be able to build the home made red atoms for about 2 dollars a piece is my hopes.

I have noticed that I have to lean both low speed and high speed carb adjustments once modules are in motor they are running way more efficient.

Just my thoughts,
    Joe