56 scott 7.5 ????

Home Forum Ask A Member 56 scott 7.5 ????

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• dave-bernard

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 2014
    Topics: 30

where can I get impellers for a 56 7.5 scott Atwater?

Mumbles

Replies: 5764
    Topics: 298

I just received some Honda impellers from China and I’m hoping they will fit my ’56 S/A 7.5 bailer. If you have your old one handy, the measurements of a Honda equivalent are in the following thread.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11172&hilit=honda

The ones I bought are sold out but there are more of them with the same part number.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/182450475290?_tr … EBIDX%3AIT

oltimer

Replies: 93
    Topics: 1

I have the complete Service Manuals for all these years of engines, and own the 55/5hp, and the 56/10hp. It’s my understanding (memory without checking) that the 5, 7.5 and 10 hp all take the same impellers for those 2 years. Also, there are 2 styles for these impellers. The older one has no relief dimple on the bottom of the impeller to reduce drag when the blades are flexed. The newer impellers are also marked "top" on them for this purpose during installation. Take note: When installing a new impeller, make sure that it does not bind over the pump pin on the driveshaft. If the impeller binds, the edges of the pump pin should be filed slightly to allow the pump to float on the shaft. This is very important.

1946zephyr

Replies: 653
    Topics: 12

Well, once you get those in, I think one little tip that will help them last, is squirt some WD 40 in the Bail-O-matic nipple. This will give the rubber a little bit of lube, before the water gets to them. It seems odd, that anyone would design an outboard, with the impellers ABOVE the water line? This must have been done, before they found out that 5 seconds without water, will roach out a rubber impeller. 😀 😀

brian

Replies: 70
    Topics: 9

Just a guess, but I’d say the reason for the water pump mounted high in the tower is due to the bailer function of the water pump. Might have been an easier way of working out the bailer plumbing issues. I have had only one Scott Atwater bailer motor and got it to draw water on its own after replacing the grommet in the pump assembly and disabling the bailer pump. Seems like I plugged a small hole in the bailer pump housing, memory fails me. As stated before, the impeller has to be free from any binding. At the time, I remember thinking the pump housing water outlet is just backwards of what would be the logical position for the the impeller to direct the water up the tube to the powerhead.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.