Home Forum Ask A Member Maritime Museum and More, Arnold’s Park, IA

• This topic has 5 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Buccaneer
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Anyone ever been to this place?

I found this link on the JOM site, showing
      a video in the Maritime Museum.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKTKGrqVS8k

Also found the official homepage of the place, at….
      http://www.arnoldspark.com/

If I ever take a wrong turn and end up in Iowa, I’ll
      have to check it out.

Prepare to be boarded!

fifty20ne
      Participant

Great place, Very Nicely done A+++ to everyone involved with this wonderful maritime museum!
        I can’t wait to see it some day. "The AOMCI needs a National Outboard museum" If you can dream it
        You can do it. Maybe build it in Detroit Mi, at the location of the old Waterman Factory!!!

garry-in-michigan
        Participant

Lifetime Member

I would prefer the old Evinrude Factory in Milwaukee. . . 😀
          As seen in better days –

20mercman
          Participant

I am with you Garry! Milwaukee was about the geographical center of outboard manufacturing in the heyday. The vast majority of outboards produced were built reasonably close to Milwaukee.

This is something to think about. Within about a 60 mile radius of Milwaukee, were built Water Witch/Elgin/West Bend/Chrysler/Force and the store brands they built, Mercury, Johnson, Evinrude, Lauson, Flambeau, and (Eska power heads built by Tecumseh). Extend it out to 250 miles and you include Muncie, Neptune, Martin, OMC’s Gale division and all of the brands they built (Brooklure, Gale, Hiawatha. Extend it again to 350 miles and add Scott Atwater, and their store brands Corsair, Firestone, McCulloch, Sears, Goodyear and Champion, Lockwood, and Clinton.

I am sure I missed a lot of them, but this is really pretty neat.

Steve

smartmotor
            Participant

New to this excellent site. I am in the search for a pair of cowling clamps for a 30hp or 33hp Scott Atwater Bail o Matic. I have a good set of the cowing, just missing the clamps. Will purchase the two pieces or the side with the clamps also. Any help. PLEASE!!
              Contact David @ 512-431-3038 phone or text.

Anonymous

David, you would have better luck posting over on the free classified section of the forum.
                Kirk

viewforum.php?f=3

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.