Home Forum Ask A Member paint close to 1966 PC blue on a sportwin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    crosbyman
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

any commercial paints close to matching the PC blue of a 1966 9.5 Sportwin ? I picked up a twin to my kicker but not as nice unfortunately

Attachments:

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Mumbles
      Participant

The only way to get a proper match is to have the paint custom mixed. Even though the motor is in excellent condition the original paint is over fifty years old and has probably faded some in that time.

garry-in-michigan
        Participant

Lifetime Member

I have trouble finding a metallic that matches the color on the lid of the spray can. Why do I see your picture rotated 90 degrees to the left? . . . 😕

Mumbles
          Participant

Try this.

crosbyman
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

picture slanted left ….. to many beers maybe

seriously I should have flipped it and saved it vertically

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

PugetSoundBoater
              Participant

You have probably seen a OMC paint chart for the different years ,it also has the manufacturers(PPG?) paint code # so you could go and get it mixed elsewhere. Yeah the factory paint fades over the years. After i sprayed the BRP spray can version the first time, i think they sold me the wrong shade of Evinrude blue. Checked the can PN# with the chart or in the parts book. It is the right one. Faded factory paint. It really helps to shake the heck out of the cans,then set them down awhile inverted,wait then shake again for a total of 3 minutes or your arm falls off,which ever happens first. Then shake once a minute while spraying. The one minute total instructions on the BRP label doesn’t do it. Especially with the metallic paints. There was a service bulletin put out on the subject,due to unhappy consumers most likely.
                I will be switching to the Reprotint spray cans from now on.

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
                Robbie Robertson

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.