Re: T2Stroke

Home Forum Ask A Member T2Stroke Re: T2Stroke

discoboater

Replies: 33
Topics: 1

Thanks again Don. I actually have wondered about this before. Even when I had the carbs all off, I dont seem to remember the throttle plates sitting any different. I had presumed that this was how they looked closed. I would say fairly certainly that the difference that those plates are off is less than 1 degree. In regards to the idle, I do not think it idles very high, this is something that would be pretty obvious to me. Having spent the better part of my life wrenching on cars, and everything else, I am familiar with what a high idle is like. It actually seems to be more the opposite. But this could just be this air leak rearing its head. I usually need to keep the warm up lever up for quite a while, especially compared to my 65′ merc 100. The service manual I use is the here tinfo.no/lib/evinrude/manuals/1973-1991johnsonevinrude.html. The sync process seems a bit daunting to me. I am looking forward to your guidance. What tools will I need ? No rush ! I appreciate your time and helpful knowledge. …..Jay