Home Forum Ask A Member Help with 65′ Evinrude Fisherman 6HP Re: Help with 65′ Evinrude Fisherman 6HP

t-bell
Participant

Hey all been to busy with work the past few days to fiddle with anything.

Mainly it seems to die out at high speed, but I’ve also had it happen at low speed once or twice and on top of that I was able to save it 2 times, where I was able to back off the throttle and keep the engine running. But for the most part it just dies out all of a sudden, and I really mean all of a sudden it’ll just stop dead but it fires right back up….tried priming the bulb as I was driving didn’t seem to make any difference

All brand new fuel lines and new primer bulb plus I threw a fuel filter on after the primer bulb. Cleaned the tank really well and pumped fresh fuel thru the line to clean out the pickup in the tank before attaching it to the motor.

The vent being what? The circular choke and throttle parts? I’d like to check out this fuel filter screen. Floats brand new from 2 or 3 years ago when I rebuilt the carb last. Never adjusted it tho I’ll look at that as well. it’s suppose to be parallel to the flange yes?