Re: Lark IV Cooling

Home Forum Ask A Member Lark IV Cooling Re: Lark IV Cooling

putback

Replies: 7
Topics: 3

Was considering a sending unit tee’d in the choke water line but wonder about the accuracy. Never knew about the pressed agianst the head unit, thanks I’ll give that a try. looks like that could also be used as a Tee in ? Didn’t know about the pistol grip thermometer either. I’ll order both now. I used the melt sticks way back on 2 cyc free air snowmobile drag engins, had forgot about them. I’ve got some cautching up to do. Running w/o the Tstat was next just to see. What I’m really worried about is a crack between the combustion chamber and the water jacket. Warms up, expands, leaks compression into the cooling and interfears with circulation.Do’es that make any sence? Don’t want to remove the heads or side plate to inspect unless I have to because the paint is shiney new, the screw heads are’nt even chiped yet. I will if necessary funtion 1st, but. Looks nice as is & going on an equally clean ’58 alum runabout . Could’nt find a decient ’50s 35 hp OMC, hard to come by in our area. Need to save his one if possible.