Seeing as there have been some Waterwitch posts lately, thought I'd share some photos of my motor. Since it's one of several motors that are on my to do list, I haven't messed with it much. Doesn't have spark but it "feels" like it has good compression although I haven't checked it yet. May just have to break down and do that here shortly. When I got the motor, it had a homemade tiller handle and from what I've read the original was somewhat fragile so it's not surprising it must have broke. As can be seen in the photos, the original skeg was trashed and a repair was cobbled together. I got a '37 gear case and tiller handle off Ebay. The '37 gear case looks the same dimensionally with the only noticeable difference being some small ports at the top at the top below the cavitation plate. The tiller handle is different but it will serve it's purpose. The motor obviously has it's problems but my intent is to see if I can get it running and then decide what to do about the appearance.
Please excuse the rotated pictures which are not that way on my computer. I find them irritating but I can't figure out how to correct them.