Re: 1975 Chrysler 10hp 2 stroke refurbish questions

Home Forum Ask A Member 1975 Chrysler 10hp 2 stroke refurbish questions Re: 1975 Chrysler 10hp 2 stroke refurbish questions

frankr

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
Replies: 6715
Topics: 51
quote adiastra:

Awesome, sounds like a pretty clear diagnosis. Thanks so much guys. I will never reve it that high again without load, I promise 🙂 I listened to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wzph3hL6EE and while not even close to the same, i could hear the similarity enough to to fully agree with what you are saying.

Now is there any thing else I should be doing to this motor before I lake test it? Plugs and wires are good, as I said i have condensers on the way and will clean up the points when im under the flywheel.

I kind of feel like its in great shape and I should just be happy with it as is. I am glad I did what I did because I learned a bunch about my motor in the process. Which should help me diagnose any issues in the future.

That motor has been run hot enough to burn the paint. Just my personal opinion, through experience, that the head gasket and exhaust cover gaskets should be changed. If nothing else, at least re-torque the bolts. Your choice, just sayin’….