Re: The Golden Days….

Home Forum Ask A Member The Golden Days…. Re: The Golden Days….

bill-loveland

Replies: 363
Topics: 41

quote SquierKA39:

I find it interesting when we say what will and won’t be collected many years from now. When I joined the club about 20 short years ago if you showed up with any 1950’s vintage motor you were looked down upon, and nobody would collect those motors. Now I’m hearing the same thing about ‘60 and ‘70’s vintage motors, but I see people starting to fix them up. Sooner or later they all become old and interesting.
Just a few days ago I was told that after 1958 there are no collectable Motors, I don’t even understand that logic. Sorry if I sound like I’m ranting, not really I love all these old motors. And that’s a great looking hood, who cares what it cost.

When the club started in 1965, a 1928 Quad was a 37 year old motor. And a Clarke Troller was 27 years old.

A 37 year old motor today was built in 1981.

People collect what they like. As much as I still like the rowboat motors and the knob start/poppet valve Eltos, I find myself more and more liking the late 60’s Mercs, the three cylinder McCullochs, the three cylinder Evinrude/Johnsons….

quote VinTin:

Looks like a good deal from here.

I hear they are not making them any more.

You could probably get them made in China for ten bucks a pop.