Home Forum Ask A Member 1930 Elto Senior Speedster paint scheme Re: 1930 Elto Senior Speedster paint scheme

pm-t2
Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

For the people who have the electric-start version of this or any antique motor, and intend to run them, I recommend disabling the charging circuit, which eliminates two things from happening;

a) you won’t have to worry about any additional "drag" on the motor because of the charging system loading it down, and
    b) you avoid any possibility of a charging system malfunction, specifically the voltage regulator, which could cause several problems (none of them minor) if it failed to work properly.

FWIW I have a pair of the Super C electrics, and they will wind out every bit as fast as the rope start model. The charging systems are disabled on both of them, as are the compression releases (both plugged).

This is the Sr Speedster with the Owen-Dyneto appliance on it. This motor came from Harry Nicholson, I’ve fired it up on the stand, but she’s nowhere near going on a boat yet. But she’ll get there…. and I bet she will be fun to run.

PM T2