Re: Corn Head Grease

Home Forum Ask A Member Corn Head Grease Re: Corn Head Grease

frankr

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
Replies: 6715
Topics: 51
quote JoeCB:

I use the Deere Corn Head grease in “unsealed” gear cases , seems to be good stuff. The “Cotton Picker” grease that Frank referred to may also be a good choice however I noted that this is grade “OO” , the corn head grease is NLGI “O” grade… assuming that the “O’S” relate to viscosity , not sure which of the two is thicker.

Joe B

Better put my suggestion on hold till I check that out in the morning. I already did do it once, but maybe I screwed it up (????)

EDIT: OK, I went out and checked what I bought. It actually is the 00 that the link points to. It is thinner than "grease" but thicker than "oil", but I don’t have any JD Corn Head grease to compare it with. After I get some coffee and breakfast, I’ll see if I can compare it with Lubriplate 105, but it won’t be a scientific test by any means.

EDIT EDIT: Back again, I squeezed out a little glob of both 00 and Lubriplate 105, and the 00 is thinner. Both will form a glob, but the 105 can be piled up higher. 00 might not be best choice for a leaky gearcase. End of scientific test.