Re: 1954 Gale mfg Hiawatha 3 hp

Home Forum Ask A Member 1954 Gale mfg Hiawatha 3 hp Re: 1954 Gale mfg Hiawatha 3 hp

elfritzer

Replies: 19
Topics: 1

Sorry, I thought the picture you sent was a different motor. I have tried to force a utility knife into the slots, they are solid. I have taken every piece of this motor apart except the carb. There were no water tubes when I took it apart. The inside of both halves of the lower housing have a rubber gasket lining that runs vertically and has a cross shaped cutout for the driveshaft. I assume that the water is getting to the head, because I did not seal the cap that goes over the spark plug, the one that is not on the diagram, and that leaks water. Maybe if that was sealed, it would force water out somewhere where I could see it. . What should I seal it with? Or should I have my wife make me a gasket on her card making machine? She made me a head gasket that fits perfectly. Scan and cut. There are no copper tubes anywhere. Did you see the video on You Tube of the 1954 Gale Hiawatha? The water spits out the side of the lower unit housing. Do your motors do the same, do they spit out the exhaust slots, or a combination thereof? I really appreciate your help, this is my first motor.