tilt trim units?

Home Forum Ask A Member tilt trim units?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• amuller

Replies: 1055
    Topics: 163

I’m confused about what fit’s what. Can anybody identify this and what it fits? To me it looks like a tilt only (not trim) but I’m not even sure of that.

dan-in-tn

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 961
    Topics: 78

That is a Prestolite TNT unit for 1973 – 1977 85-115hp V-4 OMC outboards. It will fit other models depending on the back bone bracket which is not shown in this picture? Other shoulder bolts, etc. are missing in this picture also. There was a different unit basically in motor & pump only called a Calco unit. You can reconize them by the motor & pump being the same size all the full length. Those units (Calco) have been obsolete for a long time & are much harder to find parts for! If you look at accessory kits on ME you can see the different parts that make these units fit different horsepower models.
    I personally like the later intergral (between the stern brackets) type unit better, but of course they don’t fit the earlier motors?
    I did see a 1973 V-4 with the late (TRAC) type mid bracket on it. Not sure how that works out. Without a lot of thought process I would be scared to take that project on. You are dealing with impact protection & safety issues! Better left to engineers & lots of testing.

Dan in TN

amuller

Replies: 1055
    Topics: 163

Recently I saw a thread from a guy who had put some sort of Chrysler tilt mechanism on a Bearcat. It looked like a beautiful job and he was wanting something like $5000 for the whole setup.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.