Home Forum Ask A Member E15….coming Re: E15….coming

Pete
Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I am not a fan of E fuel or the subsidies to grow non edible corn. Lucky here in Florida and where I live in Orlando many stations carry at their discretion E free fuel thanks to governor Scott. So my race outboards and lawn equipment use it. I do use E10 in our cars: a 1992 Nissan 300zx and a 1998 Infiniti I30 with no problems, but E10 caused corrosion in the 300zx injectors and had to replace them with Nissan upgraded design, the 98 had the improved injectors with no issues.

But there are some that really like the high alcohol E fuel. Ex: They are using E85 in their Nissan 300zx twin turbo cars (1990 – 1996) for more Hp once they computer/dino tune for the E85 with replaced high flow (about x2 more fuel) fuel injectors and a number of other changes. Alcohol cools the charge and tends to hold back detonation is a plus. And because about 2X more fuel/second is injected compared to gasoline in the engine it results in greater power. On E85 these Nissan guys are pulling at the rear wheels a huge 800hp and about 750 ft/lbs torque starting with a stock 300hp base engine 😯

But they get terrible gas mileage but do not care, performance is king 😀