Home Forum Ask A Member ww2 evinrude military motor

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    troy
    Participant

I am looking at a Evinrude ww2 military motor, I was told the guy has all the paper work, looks like a long shaft, with the metal ring around the top, there is a metal plate in the middle of the leg, all most looks like it would be a fold-able motor. has any one seen one like this?

kees
      Participant

International Member - 2 Years

what model are you talking about ?
        can you post a photo ?

RICHARD A. WHITE
        Participant

Lifetime Member

Member Scott Parish has one of those long shaft "something Fours" big tall bugger…has that ring if memory serves, but hey I am getting older…

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
          classicomctools@gmail.com

garry-in-michigan
          Participant

Lifetime Member

There were 8 different Lightfour models built. I haven’t located the reversing model, but this is the heavy duty model
            for a 20" transom. The Navy had a bunch of reversing models they used to ferry cargo to shore where there was no dock.
            They were set up for a 30" barge transom.

dan-in-tn
            Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I had one in my previous collection. It must have had a 30" hoop around it. I also got the wooden locker of spare parts that went to the military with it! Sure wish I had it back now. I think it was war surplus. Not sure it had ever been run.

Dan in TN

kees
              Participant

this should be the one
                model 4375

troy
                Participant

I went today Monday march 16, to look at the motor, it is a model 4375, they have all the paper work and manual. they also have the original metal box that has the rebuild kit, flywheel with stator plate, new prop, new carb, piston with rings push rod, bearings and gasket set, spark plugs. the above picture is correct, I see the picture talks about a reverse, I was unsure what that was, it seems to be on a cam plate, also the lower unit gear housing is very large. the motor was owned but a Brian Carlson out of Princeton IL. was sold to this marina in 1985

kees
                  Participant

if you want to see the complete package ?

http://outboardmuseum.ahlstrand-marine. … QdQXMJ0z5o

but, whoooow, he asks for a load of dollars. ( at least what I understood, but that is a free choice )

aquasonic
                    Participant

I see a strong resemblance to my Zephyr…many similar features.

melugin
                      Participant

Several of these motors exist which didn’t make it into service as the war ended. They were not practical for pleasure use, and the surplus items still sit around.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.