Home Forum Ask A Member Electric choke assy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    skanders01
    Participant

Has anyone out there in motor playland ever field engineered an electric choke assy/setup for any of the vintage OMC 22 cu in engines? At this point any purist intentions I had when starting the rebuild of my two FD’s have been replaced with "getter done on the cheap" for now and replace with OEM stuff later. I thought the hard part would be getting an electric start for the motors, but for me in this case the electric choke is the holdup.

I am, however, not immune to the purchase of the appropriate part(s) if, in the end, the cost is a wash or close to doing it it with whatever is in my shop. I looked hard for a picture of the OEM complete assembly installed on a motor, but could not find one to cheat from.

I will put and add in the classifieds as well as hope for some out of the box ideas from the club.

THanks in advance for any support in this final rebuild step.

Kyle Anderson
      Trempeleau, WI
      skanders@triwest.net
      920-764-0501

Mumbles
      Participant

In ’63 OMC did offer an electric start accessory kit and it does show a choke solenoid included in the kit. They must be out there.

Attachments:

frankr
        Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

There are slight variations across the years, mostly linkage. But here is a sample.

crosbyman
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

mumbles and FR … you two guys are the real memories of this industry ! …with a few others of course 😀

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

oldlure
            Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

From a 1959 and 1960 and 1961 Johnson accessory catalog for FD electric starting carburetor kit is part# 377745.
              From a 1962 Johnson accessory catalog for FD electric starting carburetor kit is part# 378641

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.