Home Forum Ask A Member Johnson TD owner’s manual? FOUND – Downloads available here

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    legendre
    Participant

Howdy gents,

I just sold off my good-runner Johnson TD20 to a neighbour. He’s a total newb and unfamiliar with these older-type engines.

Does anyone have a PDF copy of an owner’s manual that I can give him? I gave him the service & parts books, but he really needs a basic primer as well.. even if it’s not for a TD20, any of the small motors of that era should be +about+ the same.

Any help much appreciated.

Indian Group Leader
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Bill,

I have one book printed 7-51 titled "General Instructions for Model TD [also models TS, TSL, TDL]" and I have another booklet printed 10-45 titled "Service Instructions for Models TS-TD". If either of those will work, send me an email to texasoutboard@comcast.net and I will scan one or both and send them to you.

Tom

legendre
        Participant

Whichever is more like a basic owner’s manual will do. It needs to cover the basics – fueling, starting, running, setting mixture, basic maint., storage, procedures, all that typical stuff.

Thanks for the offer, PM sent.

legendre
          Participant

This one is taken care of, thanks to the generous efforts of Indian Group Leader. Thanks so much, sir!!

If anyone should need these same docs, I have uploaded them to my shell server for general download.

http://nerp.net/~legendre/johnson/

It’s all there.. plus more!

mcclurski
            Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

thanks for all the TD20 stuff. I was stuck deep in the lower unit.

jwmcclure

minntac
              Participant

The info here is great. I’ve looked at the manuals posted by legendre, and thanks for sharing them. I have a question though. The "Service Instructions for Models TS-TD" on page 3 begins with Fig. 17. Where are 1-16?

Another question, let me know if I need to start a new thread. I’ve been checking for spark. One of the wires has a tag that says UP. Do I presume correctly that that one goes on the upper plug?

Thanks for your input.

wedgie
                Participant
                  quote minntac:

The info here is great. I’ve looked at the manuals posted by legendre, and thanks for sharing them. I have a question though. The “Service Instructions for Models TS-TD” on page 3 begins with Fig. 17. Where are 1-16?

Another question, let me know if I need to start a new thread. I’ve been checking for spark. One of the wires has a tag that says UP. Do I presume correctly that that one goes on the upper plug?

Thanks for your input.

You are correct sir 😉

Mumbles
                  Participant

In return, if you move up to a newer TN 25 or 26, here are the parts and owners manuals for them.

slim60
                    Participant

Thanks legendre; I have one in the shed. It’s been awhile since I worked on one.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.