Home Forum Ask A Member Got a new toy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    anotherhassel
    Participant

Well a new motor followed me home yesterday. I got a 1975 7.5hp Mercury. Guy said it ran which it kinda did. But I thought I knew what it was so I took a shot at it. Brought her home readjusted the carb and she is purring like a kitten.

1946zephyr
      Participant

Very nice. Excellent little fishing motor for the lake 🙂

Doug Wilson
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

sounds like a great deal, good fishing motor.

Doug

how is it motors multiply when the garage lights get
          turned off?

anotherhassel
          Participant

Guys I am so stoked about this engine. Compared to my 4 hp mercy it is a rocket ship! I will be using for some fishing but mostly duck hunting. I will put a link to the video when I get it posted to YouTube.

Anonymous

want it to go replace the PH with a 9.8 hat a difference. it is a bolt in.

anotherhassel
              Participant

Here is the video with me running the 7.5. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u44SYcVvb28
                Here is the video with my 130 lb brother running my 4 hp. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iH6WzMCbNmw

Anonymous

that 4 moves well.

anotherhassel
                  Participant

It does. However he is only 14 and is roughly 130 lbs. me at 235 it only runs about 9 mph. The 7.5 with me runs very well.

anotherhassel
                    Participant

Well ran the boat today scouting for some ducks. Had her running between 13-14 mph with myself and brother on board. Alone I was seeing 16. Now that being said I think the carb needs a rebuild. It stumbles going from low to mid range throttle.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.