Home Forum Ask A Member Paint Scheme For Johnson Stand

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mumbles
    Participant

A local museum would like me to paint a motor stand they have to mount a ’57 CD on it. I’m not sure what a ’57 stand looked like but I’m thinking of painting it ’57 Holiday Bronze with a Cream insert where the decal will go. Or should it be the other way around?

Attachments:

garry-in-michigan
      Participant

Lifetime Member

That would certainly be better than the Evinrude blue you have there now . . . . 😀

beerman57
        Participant

Let the decal color tell you which way to go.

theodore
          Participant

For me, cream with a bronze insert would be the better choice. It will pick up on the theme of the motor faceplate, cream with bronze accents. Also, the cream stand will differentiate itself from the motor, showing what is motor, and what is stand. If it’s all bronze, the motor gets "lost" on the stand.

PugetSoundBoater
            Participant
              quote Theodore:

For me, cream with a bronze insert would be the better choice. It will pick up on the theme of the motor faceplate, cream with bronze accents. Also, the cream stand will differentiate itself from the motor, showing what is motor, and what is stand. If it’s all bronze, the motor gets “lost” on the stand.

I agree with Theodore ,the bronze would be too much eye grapping color ,distracting from the the whole display. The cream is more of a neutral color.
              Nice to see ,I still remember something from 40 years ago in art and photography classes.

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
              Robbie Robertson

wiscoboater
              Participant

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/bpo/5507451921.html

This one is supposed to have original paint on it. Not sure what year it is from though, the logo font looks newer then 57.

mas
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

This is an original NOS stand…not sure of the year. It has a cream border with a "wood grain" looking insert.

phil-b
                  Participant
                    quote Mas:

This is an original NOS stand…not sure of the year. It has a cream border with a “wood grain” looking insert.

The script looks like ’58

oldelto
                    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Mas’ picture is 1958.
                      Original 1957 Johnson stand has cream color with black insert.

viking66
                      Participant

Blast it and paint it flat black! 😀

A smart man once told me that about my old stand LOL 😆 🙄 😀 😯

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.