Home Forum Ask A Member Evinrude Sportwin 4423 1950

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    oldsenile
    Participant

I recently pulled this motor apart and when I went to put it back together I noticed there wasn’t a pilot bearing liner above the exhaust seal. Depending on what parts list I look at it’s either a 202254 or 202394. Where exactly would this go? I pulled two other motors apart and one had nothing and the other had a 2 inch long shim sleeve that was .005" thick that fell out when I pulled the power head of the transom bracket. Where should this go? Seems too tight between the transom bracket and tiller assembly and way too loose between the power head and tiller assembly.

garry-in-michigan
      Participant

Lifetime Member

OK – the crankcase/driveshaft housing assembly floats on rubber shock absorbers on the steering handle support bracket. The 202394 brass pivot bearing liner goes between the pivot bearing on the bottom of the support bracket and the 276547 pivot bearing assembly. The 202090 Exhaust seal is at the bottom of the pivot bearing on the handle support bracket. In the bottom of the pivot bearing assembly is a 202230 rubber pivot bearing bushing with the 202229 bushing liner inside. A 200685 spacer is between this assembly and the lower unit. The rubber bushing on the bottom and the rubber shock absorbers on top should keep the drive shaft housing properly lined up.

Garry

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.