Home Forum Ask A Member ’51 Sea King 12HP (15GG 9018) Lower Unit Seal Kit

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    koziola58
    Participant

Hi All –

Looking for a lower unit seal kit for a ’51 Sea King 12HP (15GG 9018). Can anybody recommend a part/kit number and a vendor. Thanks.

Alex
      alexander3rd@live.com
      Wallingford, PA

dan-in-tn
      Participant

US Member

I don’t think anyone is making a seal kit for this motor, but I did find a parts book that should be close enough for you to look up parts. Someone may can post a parts book for you (or send to your email address you provided). You can order most parts from MarineEngine.com. Hope that helps!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291868900140?_t … EBIDX%3AIT

Dan in TN

phil-b
        Participant

Is that a "standard" (direct drive) or "deluxe" (Forward/Neutral/Reverse) model?

Here’s a manual for a 1953 "deluxe" model http://richardlpaquette.ca/12D10Vpartscatelogue.PDF

phil-b
          Participant

Answering my own question, "The Old Outboard Book" says 15GG9018A is Gale model 12D10, so the above parts manual is the right one!

phil-b
            Participant
              quote t2stroke:

The ePay link looks to be for "9017", a "Standard" (forward only) model!

dan-in-tn
              Participant

US Member

Thanks Phil B. I was a little shaky recommending that book. I was hoping he would look at it and know if it was his gearcase style. The book happened to be open to the gearcase. Couldn’t see the part numbers! HA! If he needs help converting the numbers to newer ones we can help.

Dan in TN

chris-p
                Participant

I happen to know a guy that sells seal kits! PM me for details, but I have them on my site.

dan-in-tn
                  Participant

US Member

I was hoping you would jump in here. Do you make up a kit for this? I need one for a ’56 12hp Bucaneer. 12D13B. I can find all the parts, but not in a kit. Didn’t know whether to recommend you to the public? Thanks!

Dan in TN

koziola58
                    Participant

Thanks all for responding. Been unavailable for a few days. It is a F N R model. Chris_P I will send you a note.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.