JW-10 3hp retaining clips on carb

Home Forum Ask A Member JW-10 3hp retaining clips on carb

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• justintime

Replies: 2
    Topics: 4

I’m looking for (2) retaining clips that fasten to the follower throttle control cam. Mine disintegrated. According to the parts list for the JW-10 its part # 71-1052. I just see 6 digit numbers for Johnson parts. Is there a conversion reference? Can anyone help me find these clips?
    Is it possible to use c clip or e clips? Thank you for your support.

wedgie

Replies: 1042
    Topics: 78

I believe those clips are the same as used to hold the points on to the mag plate. Should be easy to find(used) at your local OMC (BRP) dealer. Just ask nicely and they might just give you a couple.

Steve D

Replies: 694
    Topics: 57
    quote justintime:

I’m looking for (2) retaining clips that fasten to the follower throttle control cam. Mine disintegrated. According to the parts list for the JW-10 its part # 71-1052. I just see 6 digit numbers for Johnson parts. Is there a conversion reference? Can anyone help me find these clips?
    Is it possible to use c clip or e clips? Thank you for your support.

Wedgie’s right, those are the clips that hold the points on. I can’t see why e-clips wouldn’t work in a pinch. And there is a conversion reference, I think Garry posted a few pages on that a while back. Here’s the page that applies to that part number. And the procedure is, in this case, you replace the "dash" in the original part number with an "A" and then look that up on the chart and it gives you part # 307594.

If you can’t get them locally or don’t have any yourself most of us have extras…I can send you some if you need them.
    upload an image
    uploading pictures
    free image host

frankr

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 6715
    Topics: 51

Those funky old part numbers are actually very simple. Eliminate the dash or letter, then add enough zeros ahead of what’s left to make it a six-digit number. Example, 41-25 would become 004125. Now, if you look that number up in a current parts price list it will either give the price (if available), or refer you to a superseding part number to replace it.

Actually, BRP now uses seven-digit numbers, but still recognizes the six digit numbers.

justintime

Replies: 2
    Topics: 4

Thank you for all the info. I did go with the e clip option for now. Yes sure enough, the points, do have the same clip.

Explantion on part numbers was awesome.

Mumbles

Replies: 5764
    Topics: 298

If I ever clean the shop out, I’ll probably find a gazillion of them in the corners after they keep flying away while trying to install them!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.