Home Forum Ask A Member Who can identify this outboard?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    geryi
    Participant

I believe it’s 1920s. It has a hand grip that says Johnson but that could have been replaced.
      Really interesting lower unit.
      I would be guessing racing?
      I believe it’s add has and go

If your interested in buying make an offer located in Lindsay Ontario

Attachments:

al-lockhart
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I had replied to your ad in regards to this motor advising you that it was a Viking or Sea King made by Evinrude, Model and serial # are required for a positive ID and should be located on a plate either on the transom bracket or just below the magneto plate on the crankcase. I did a quick search of my friends website, who is the Viking guy, and your motor appears to be a 1933 model 441 which makes 4hp and is not a racing model follow this link for the restoration of his motor:
        http://richardlpaquette.ca/441restoration.htm It could still be the Sea King version but being in Canada more than likely it’s a Viking.

geryi
        Participant

good morning Lockhart.
          I have been told a few things about this motor that’s why I am here. I think you are right.
          I google this motor but couldn’t find this exact motor.
          As far as numbers
          Underneath motor
          Or
          44Z0054

I believe this number was on lower unit.
          Thank you for your help.
          Is this a common motor or does it have any worth.
          This is my fathers motor. He bought a few together told alpha e been cleaned up and are in running condition.
          He added gas to one and started right up.

al-lockhart
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

The # you posted identifies it as a model #441 serial #0054 so you have a 1933 Viking 4hp which was made by Evinrude for Eaton’s stores Canada Viking Brand. OMC made all Viking motors until 1964 when they stopped making private branded and Gale products.
            Al

Richard L. Paquette
            Participant

Canada Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Nice little motor, and pretty complete. Grip handle was probably replaced with what was available at the time. Advertising from 1933 available on the Viking History on my website. No reason it shouldn’t be run. 16-1 mix. Metal impeller, so it should pump water. Grease up the lower unit with Lubricate, Corn head grease. I would keep it…

wedgie
              Participant

Make sure to add tcw 3 oil to the gas or the engine will be destroyed !

geryi
                Participant

Thanks for all your help.

1946zephyr
                  Participant

I would run at least 16:1 in that motor too. John Deere cornhead grease would be great for the gearcase as well. Totally clean out all the old grease and get the inside of the gearcase squeeky clean and charge it full with fresh new grease.
                    Clean and reset the points at .020 and that baby ought to be ready for fresh fuel and run.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.