Home Forum Ask A Member Vintage Single OMC Line Fuel Tank Re: Vintage Single OMC Line Fuel Tank

jerry-ahrens
Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I’ve seen so many problems with aftermarket fuel connectors, that I won’t use them. I see so many people buy them, put them on their motor, then end up having to buy them again and replacing them with the good ones. I would find a good OEM set up if it were me. You may find one reasonable on Ebay? And for not a whole lot more in cost. I just went through this with a Yamaha recently…the customer bought a ( I wont say what brand) complete fuel line with primer bulb and connectors for his motor. The package said it was a direct replacement for his Yamaha engine. He got stuck out on the lake with a flat primer bulb, because the tank connector wouldn’t properly plug into his 6 gallon (OEM) Yamaha tank. After spending over 60 bucks on the aftermarket stuff, he ended up with a $79 Yamaha OEM line, with bulb and connectors, to fix the problem. I would get the BRP connectors with the yellow ends on them at the very least. The standard BRP (OMC) connectors will fit the motor as well as the tank. Don’t mean to step on any toes… Just my humble opinion..