1961 Merc Kiekhaefer 50hp, complete with tank & controls

All your for sale items here
Forum rules
Review Classified Ad requirements before posting in the Read First section.
adam1psu

1961 Merc Kiekhaefer 50hp, complete with tank & controls

Postby adam1psu » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:33 am

FOR SALE- Hi, I have a non-running possibly running, very restorable 1961 Kiekhaefer Mercury, cloud white 50HP. It is a four cylinder with electric start and seems to have good compression. It has the aluminum extension above the lower unit making it a long shaft (I will post up measurements soon). It is not seized. It will turn over with some force by turning the prop in gear. The pull start will not engage. I am selling this motor as a complete package. It comes with a totally complete outboard including a nice bronze prop, controls and cables to fit a 16’ side console boat and an original Kiekhaefer fuel tank with fittings.
The outboard was stored indoors on a boat in a forgotten building. I believe the motor was in use until close to the 90s due to its old registration stickers. It has some mouse debris and some dust inside the motor housing that I haven’t cleaned out. All of the wiring seems to be untouched by mice except for the plug wires. The boots were chewed a bit. Other than that it is all there relatively untouched. The gear set seems to function properly and the chrome pieces shine up by just rubbing with a rag. I thought about restoring this myself or trying to fire it up but I simply don’t have enough time.
I acquired this outboard on a boat I purchased to restore. This will be my 6th one so I know a little about boats, motors and such. Please feel free to ask any questions and I will respond.I would like to hear offers on this motor, I know what I have in mind for a fair price and don’t necessarily want to part out this beautiful find. The motor is located in 16678 Saxton, PA near Raystown lake. Please private message me with an email address for more photos or information.
Thanks for looking!
Attachments
block.jpeg
block.jpeg (222.12 KiB) Viewed 327 times
face plate.jpeg
face plate.jpeg (238.23 KiB) Viewed 327 times
mtr.jpeg
mtr.jpeg (293.04 KiB) Viewed 327 times

Return to “Free Classifieds”