Re: Another Big Twin Observation….

Home Forum Ask A Member Another Big Twin Observation…. Re: Another Big Twin Observation….

vintin

Replies: 580
Topics: 19

As has been mentioned, it is either an exhaust side plate baffle or the lower crank seal.

As a side note and not related to the water in recovered fuel issue you are having: The fact that both high speed needles are each 1/4 turn out in no way equates to each high speed adjustment being optimal. Close maybe. But maybe not.

I feel that a recovery system that does not also collect and burn the fuel/air mix that goes through the crankcase drain reed system is incomplete and presents a fire hazard. This vapor is extremely flammable and when the pooled liquid is expelled there is quite a bit of vapor exhausted. You should easily be able to feel it coming out of the vent holes in your bottles at mid and high speeds. This needs to be routed back up and into the air box to be combusted. So far I seem to be the only one taking this vapor into account. In an aluminum boat this vapor will condensate on the hull and leave a very oily residue in the bilge area after enough run time.

Attached are some photos of my system. I agree with what was stated that a clear tank shows the water intrusion. Feeding back to my one tank results in my not seeing water if it is there. I have collected in a clear tank so I do know I’m not getting water. It is something I should do once a year or so in case something changes.

Vapor fed back to the air box via the slightly enlarged fogging hole. The barb is held into the air box with a piece of fuel line pushed onto the barb.