Hooksett NH Meet 2018, Sunday Aug 5

Post Information & Meet Photos of event here
johnyrude200

Hooksett NH Meet 2018, Sunday Aug 5

Postby johnyrude200 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:25 pm

This year the meet has been moved up to help promote comfortable boating conditions. Save the date on your calendars now! Last year we had a great turnout with at least 2 dozen beautifully restored classic boats and numerous motors we have all come to expect to see!

Meet starts 8:00am at the Hooksett public boat ramp (south ramp) located at 65 Merrimack Street, Hooksett NH 03106. Bring your boat, ample parking, and 7 miles of calm boating with no obstructions to view Hooksett and Manchester with views of the city at the south end of the river. Plenty of wildlife too!

The swap portion of the meet begins at 10am located 5 mins away at 325 West River Road, Hooksett, at the Runner Outboards shop. Plenty of parking and room to swap things.

Coffee and donuts are included with normal meet dues ($5.00). If you would like to stay for lunch, we will be doing a pot-luck style lunch for an additional $5.00 or FREE if you bring your own dish/food. Dockage is available on the river for boats so you are welcome to boat during the morning, tie up for the swap meet and lunch, and boat back to the public launch when you decide to go.

In summary:

SCHEDULE:

8-???? Coffee & Donuts ($5.00 mandatory meet fee), boating on the Merrimack River, 7 miles of unobstructed navigable slow moving waters
10-???? Swapping encouraged! Swapping at 325 West River Rd (5 mins from boat ramp) at the Runner Outboards shop facilities.
1PM - lunch, Pot Luck Style (free if you bring a dish to share with others, or $5.00 if you don't).

2 acres to swap and congregate on, with lavatory facilities available on site.

MEET CONTACT INFO:
Joel Bergeron, 617-982-0040, info@runneroutboards.com
"switched by popular demand from my animated prop!"

johnyrude200

Re: Hooksett NH Meet 2018, Sunday Aug 5

Postby johnyrude200 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:23 pm

This year, I would like to promote a friendly competition of motor racing at my meet. My shop has ample dockage and the section of the river which my wife and I reside at has a fantastic straightaway and unless inclement weather is present, the water is generally very calm.

My question is how many folks would be interested in some friendly classic outboard racing? If there is enough interest this year, we can put together a simple tournament.

Keep in mind that HP and vessel size does not need to be stringent. As a formerly avid bowler, it would not be hard to create "handicaps" in starting position where we have a lesser powered vessel challenge a faster, higher HP powered vessel.

This would essentially be a straightaway drag race with boats so we need not worry about tight turns or dangerous situations with collisions.

Please reply to this with your $0.02.

Thanks, hope to see you at the meet and with warm, calm wind, and sunny weather!
"switched by popular demand from my animated prop!"

Return to “AOMCI Events 18'”