Re: Atom points eliminator failure mode..

Home Forum Ask A Member Atom points eliminator failure mode.. Re: Atom points eliminator failure mode..

rudderless

Replies: 159
Topics: 5

Thanx Mumbles. I bought them hoping to loose 5 lbs, double the hp and cut fuel usage by half..obviously im kidding but it didn’t really run any different. I am familiar with the point system as that is all we had on snowmobiles of the 60s and 70s. The motor is torn down in my business office at the moment and will put the point system back in as its not a big deal to do. I did see the novas have been redesigned according to advertisements? I was going to do the Debe thing and make a couple but business has picked up so no time for that.

I’m on a river that has a 14′ falls at one end and a 24′ dam to go over at the other. Those atoms are always in the back of my mind when ever I’m near the dam or the falls. When i installed the atoms I put on new Purfex coils while they were still available. I know that really doesn’t mean there good but the point system will prove bad or good. I’ve got 200 hours on the atoms. They are mounted on the outside so they really don’t see much heat.

It sure runs odd after 2000 rpm though..