Re: 1939 Sea King / Thor barrel test

Home Forum Ask A Member 1939 Sea King / Thor barrel test Re: 1939 Sea King / Thor barrel test

joesnuffy

Replies: 356
Topics: 23

Great to hear you got it running. Good Job. Hopefully someone here can shed some light on the circulation issue. Keep us posted. Like my boss use to say follow the rat into the hole and kill it. Your close. I have never worked on one of those motors as most haven’t but I did have a motor once that had sand in the lower water jacket around the cylinder preventing good circulation. I also had a piece of coral shaped like a ball that went into the L-shaped elbow mounted into the bottom of my jet on my jet ski that as the water went thru the jet it pushed into the part of the L that was inside the jet and the coral ball got trapped into the corner of that L shaped elbow. Their is no impeller on a jet ski they simply trap some of the water going thru the jet and a hose takes that to the engine and it goes thru engine to cool it. That took some looking and thinking to figure that out.

Possibly check outlet to make sure its clear. Some mud dobbers got in my P-hole on my Yamaha outboard once and it wasn’t circulating until I cleaned it out.

Joe 😀