Re: Home made flywheels?

Home Forum Ask A Member Home made flywheels? Re: Home made flywheels?

pm-t2

Canada Member - 2 Years
Replies: 516
Topics: 44

The trouble I find with suggestions like that is that somebody will latch onto some off-the-wall concept and then adopt the attitude "well how do you know they DIDN’T do it at the factory that way, can you prove it"?

Which is just effing stupid, because they know full effing well that its pretty much impossible to prove that something WASN’T done.

I believe the more logical approach is that if anybody has a "theory" they need to be able to back it up with factual evidence before broadcasting it.

The onus should not be on me to prove it didn’t happen; rather, the onus should be on THEM to prove that it did!

What we know from a factual point of view is that the parts in question are not Elto bits and don’t belong on that motor. Period. Somebody monkey-fabbed them up. They tried to make do with what they could put together.

To answer your question – the other motor that the taper would fit would likely be the motor that donated the flywheel in the first place. Theoretically, the flywheel could be put in 12 different orientations, but as I already said I’ll bet that the bolt holes will only line up in one or two positions at best, the spacing looks different and the bolt circle might not be perfectly round either, and even so, if you flip the flywheel 180 degrees, you really think you’ll still have spark delivered at the correct time in the firing sequence?

Over and out

PM T2