Re: Electric Start Test Station

Home Forum Ask A Member Electric Start Test Station Re: Electric Start Test Station

outbdnut2

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
Replies: 1705
Topics: 91

That wire on the mercury switch may be on there with a small spot-weld. Gee – I never paid attention – now I’m curious and am gonna hafta take a look at one tomorrow.

You may be able to use conductive epoxy – heating it with a soldering iron doesn’t sound like a good thing to do given how mercury expands..
https://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Electrically-Conductive-Bonding-AA-DUCT/dp/B00EPYCDPW/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1530241038&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=conductive+epoxy&psc=1&smid=A1665ONA14XMDL

I wish OMC had standardized on the connector plug and left it that way for a lot of years – I’ve been putting a jumper cable right on the starter motor terminal. I have one boat wired two different ways – one is the 1957-1960 side plug and the other has a harness I have to connect all the ends to when i run my 40 HP Lark III. I’m wondering if they discontinued the side plug because if you remove the plug, you can rope start without the ignition key?
Dave