Re: Sure ccould use some expert help on this ignition issue

Home Forum Ask A Member Sure ccould use some expert help on this ignition issue Re: Sure ccould use some expert help on this ignition issue

fleetwin

US Member - 2 Years
Replies: 4737
Topics: 46

Like others have said, expecting the spark to jump 1.5" is unrealistic, and could damage ignition components. I am assuming you closed the gap down to a gap between 1/4-1/2" and restested.
I’m sorry that you cut off the rubber amphenol connectors and soldered the leads, but I guess that rules out bad connections. You swapped the coil primary leads which made the other coil fire, which more or less rules out a bad coil. I am assuming there is no stop lead in the circuit, and nothing is plugged into the other side of the black/yellow lead in the three pin connector.
I think I read that you have checked ground leads with an ohm meter and saw readings less than one ohm.
How did you set the charge coil/sensor coil air gap under the flywheel? I realize that an air gap that is too big would probably affect both cylinders, but you never know….
If all of the above is OK, sounds like you bought a defective pack, which happens. Why won’t Sierra honor the guarantee?