Re: NOS ’57 Evinrude Lark Powerhead & restoration…1st Start up!

Home Forum Ask A Member NOS ’57 Evinrude Lark Powerhead & restoration…1st Start up! Re: NOS ’57 Evinrude Lark Powerhead & restoration…1st Start up!

mas

US Member - 2 Years
Replies: 192
Topics: 43
quote bobw:

Mas,

Maybe a year or two ago, I seem to remember a thread on another site (maybe iboats?) about a 1957 Lark that was rebuilt using all NOS powerhead parts. That thread also had a series of posting showing progress on the motor as it was being restored. By any chance, is yours that same motor?

Yes…that was my motor…the thread was lost when our AOMCI website went down. Too bad that and many other threads became digital dust!

As far as the motor, its been a long time coming (I work very slowly and sporadically)…but I’m very happy with the initial result…it runs!

I gotta get it out on the lake to dial it in and see if any ugly monsters rear their heads…next spring probably. I plan on using the motor on my 1958 Wagemaker Wolverine that will need to undergo a "cosmetic restoration"…strip and paint. I’ve already completed the restoration of its 1957 Holsclaw trailer.

I wish I could make this project move faster, but I guess I’m enjoying the journey.

I had the motor finished a year ago…just never started it. That had to be fixed before winter.

To say the least, it brought a big smile to my face!

Mas

Attachments: