Re: Sea King 3.5 hp Owners Manual or Parts List 1967

Home Forum Ask A Member Sea King 3.5 hp Owners Manual or Parts List 1967 Re: Sea King 3.5 hp Owners Manual or Parts List 1967

cajuncook1

Replies: 842
Topics: 72

Sorry, last night I did not fully explain my reasoning for telling the Seaking and Eaton story. Well with Gale motors no longer producing outboards, Montgomery Wards(SeaKing) and Eatons(Vikings) had to find another supplier. Gale stop producing in 1963/64. So, Chrsyler eventually picked up the contract of supplying outboard for Montgomery Wards (Seaking). 1965 Chrysler had just purchased the West Bend outboard motor company. West bend was known for making Elgin outboard (Sold by Sears). Sears had just realigned with a new producer and dropped the Elgin/Westbend line.

In January of 1965 Chrysler bought the entire plant and outboard operation. In 1965 the outboard hoods said "West Bend by Chrysler". In the following year West Bend was phased out and the outboard carried the "Chrysler" name.
This ends the West Bend brand name and the history of the Hartford, Wisconsin outboard production picks up with Chrysler.

The Elgin/Westbend 2hp later became the 3.5hp aircooled outboard. Chrylser still produced the 3.5hp Elgin make for many years. You will notice alot of similarities between the Westbend 3.5hp and the Chrysler 3.5hp outboard. It is finding a Westbend 3.5hp outboard parts manual that will help you find the parts list for your Chrsyler(Seaking) 3.5hp motor.

LOL….confused you yet!!!! I hope I have not lost you in the muddle above.

I have supplied a Chysler 3.5hp outboard condenser manual and a Westbend 3.5hp condensed manual so you can see the very close similarities.

Well, with our current site being upgraded tomorrow and day after. Certain functions are working. It will not allow me to post the condense manuals. If you Private Message (PM) your email. I will send you the manuals. I am working on finding a parts diagram.

Cheers,

Cajuncook1