Home Forum Ask A Member 5.5hp cd 16 question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Doug Wilson
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

rebuilt the carb motor runs great but packing on the high speed jet wants to seep just a little keeptightening but that does not seem to completely stop it any suggestions?
      Doug

Doug

how is it motors multiply when the garage lights get
      turned off?

chinewalker
      Participant

US Member

Do you have enough packing on it? Is it new packing? In a pinch, some cotton thread wrapper around the shaft can work in place of the washers.

chris-p
        Participant

I usually put about 3 or 4 new packing washers in when I do a carb on the high speed needle.

legendre
          Participant
            quote Chris_P:

I usually put about 3 or 4 new packing washers in when I do a carb on the high speed needle.

FWIW, I make up my own packing ‘rope’ from the +yellow+ Teflon plumber’s tape. Cut a length, stretch it well, then twist it into a strand..

I’ve used this for packings in everything from carburetor needles to Coleman lantern valves to household faucets and garden hose sillcocks.

Doug Wilson
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks will pull it back apart and either add another washer or some rope packing of some kind to it.
              Have dealt with packing on my other collection (coleman stoves and lanterns) first time with a motor. Not the best looking motor but have had it since I was in high school, this is the one that started me working on motors. I just decided to fix the leaking lower unit and get it running after 20yrs in the corner of the shed. Runs as smooth as ever and lower unit does not leak a drop.

Doug

how is it motors multiply when the garage lights get
              turned off?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.