Home Forum Ask A Member A "special order Senior Speedster"?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    eltoquad
    Participant

US Member

I have a 310 model Senior Speedster with point ignition system and flywheel like a Super C Elto. I think it could be original with the motor as the serial number is "310o623P" . (P standing for points) ? I’ve never seen or heard of another 310 with this ignition. Any one have or know of another one out there.

ftruntz
      Participant

US Member

Tom,

Check with "Mr. Elto" ‘Sam Vance. I believe he has a Senior Speedster similar to yours and may have the information on it’s history.

eltoquad
        Participant

US Member

Thanks Fred, I’ll try the e-mail address I have for him but it’s many years old.

RICHARD A. WHITE
          Participant

Lifetime Member

I would call Sam, as he may no longer use email, He will respond to hand written letters, and is quite prompt.

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
            classicomctools@gmail.com

eltoquad
            Participant

US Member

Fred, Sam e-mailed and said he’d research that 310xxxP for me, so I assume he doesn’t have one or he’d already know about it. I was surprised to hear back from him so quickly.

hotrod
              Participant

I have the same question with my Elto Senior Speedster Electric start 311-0838P. 311 means electric start, but the P is a mystery. This motor is standard length, normal underwater exhaust, 3-blade brass prop.

eltoquad
                Participant

US Member

Sam is away from home right now but said he’d get back to me in a few days. If there’s a "P" on an electric start version, that kind of eliminates my thoughts of the P standing for "points" ignition option as all electric start motors would already have that ignition.

ftruntz
                  Participant

US Member

Tom,
                    Another great resourse is member Jim Ross. He and Sam are AOMCI "treasures" who have researched and gathered volumes of information about Elto and Evinrude.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.