Home Forum Ask A Member Gettin into the lower unit

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    cajuncook1
    Participant

Hey, I also sent the drop box link to your email account as well, just in case.

I hope they help you out. With the help of Jeff R and the manual, you are golden.

Cheers

jeff-register
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Sorry, my scanner will not let me e mail anything out. I know the thin bolt can be a bear! Look where the one side of the box end wrench fits over the bolt head.That is the section of the wrench must be filed to the point so it is square & has no bevel & fits on the bolt head all the way & also must be a six point box end wrench. There is no nut but is a bolt that fits over the pinion gear. Be so very careful not to knock teeth off the gear too. Hope that helps get the Nut off too!!
        Jeff P.S. Almost forgot!! The hex head has a metal securing bending strap you need to bend up in order to get the hex head off. The wrench will not fit until the locking strap is released. Look in a parts book for the nut lock strap.
        If you have trouble call me & I will help you 1 (480) 924-4536 home

hag
        Participant

Well I am re-assembling everything but having problem with the bearing carrier. After inserting it and splines all lined up and turns smoothly, I put on and tighten the cover nut with the spanner wrench then the drive shaft is seized tight. I loosen the cover nut then drive shaft starts to move. Can you over tighten the cover nut and push the carrier onto the pinion gear?

hag
          Participant

Well I am re-assembling everything but having problem with the bearing carrier. After inserting it and splines all lined up and turns smoothly, I put on and tighten the cover nut with the spanner wrench then the drive shaft is seized tight. I loosen the cover nut then drive shaft starts to move. Can you over tighten the cover nut and push the carrier onto the pinion gear?

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.