Home Forum Ask A Member Help with 1914 Evinrude Model B

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Larry McKeough
    Participant

US Member

Hello, I’m new here and new to this Evinrude motor. I’m working on a 99% complete unit.  I have several questions:

1. The piston was stuck but I freed it today. I clean the cylinder and honed it and it looks great. The piston looks good too. This unit has two wide rings which I have read are pinned to prevent them from turning.  The top ring has the pin in place but the inner ring (and piston) has the hole but no pin. Is it supposed to be pinned?  If so what do I use to make the pin??
      2. I have just about everything apart. But, I can’t seem to get the tiller bracket off the torque tube. It’s very tight and hardly turns. What holds the tiller bracket on? It’s pretty rusty. And what holds the torque tube on to the bottom of the bronze casting?
      3. My biggest problem is the gas tank. It’s rusted through in many places and needs to be replaced. Does anyone have a good one or is there someone who makes new replacements??
      4. This is a Model B ser. # 23298
      5. See attached photos!  Thanks for your help!!
      The Boat House
      Participant

Click on Members Only, The Inner sanctum, and search the “AOMCI Current Membership Roster” for the contact info for BROOK E. NEWCOMB. He’ll have the answers to all your questions. Tubs
        Larry McKeough
        Participant

US Member

I’m new here,  thanks for the information but I can’t seem to get there. When I click on Inner sanctum  It goes to a page which says to register which I click on and nothing happens??  Is there some other way to get to the roster?

Thanks again!

The Boat House
          Participant

Sent you his contact info in a PM. Look for a number at the top right, next to your user ID.Tubs
            1 user thanked author for this post.
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.