Home Forum Ask A Member just picked up a Mercury mark 20H at an estate sale and have some questions

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jamesrfrom
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thank you everyone for your input and help. I hope to add a fuel pump and get this thing running and on my hydroplane before the end of the summer. But i want to do it right so will be plenty more questions to be asked and pictures.

Thanks
      James

also thank you Dave for the help this afternoon on the phone

jamesrfrom
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I could use a little help trying to figure out how to remove the lower unit. I have removed many Evinrude an OMC units but not particularly mercury and with the rarity of the lower unit I do not want to break it. I removed 2 nuts from the lower unit that I can see one towards the front of the lower unit and the other one under a cover. Are there any others that I need to remove that I’m not seeing as I have tried to pry down on the lower unit from the midsection and I’ve only gotten it to drop about a half inch with a decent amount of force using a small pry bar. Any information would be greatly appreciated thank you

dave-bernard
        Participant

US Member

check your email
          don’t need to remove it
          just remove the prop and cone nut ( left-hand ) threads. and you are there.

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.