Home Forum Ask A Member Most successful antique outboard source?

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    joshadurham
    Participant
      quote Steve A W:

Josh
      What part of the country are You in?
      Go to Our home page; http://aomci.org/
      And check out the "Upcoming events" column for a motor meet near You.
      Good Luck.

Steve A W

Good stuff! Thanks for all the replies. I live in East TX, In Canton to be exact. We have a huge trade-days event here every month, that always has a few outboards for sale. but for a big price usually.

Thanks!
      Josh

Indian Group Leader
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I am a little disappointed that nobody has said the obvious answer, Josh. Join the Antique Outboard Motor Club, Inc. and then come to some of the Texas Chapter meets. We have a lot of fun and most of us have more motors than we need. Once you know everyone and they know what you like, you will find more motors than you will care to buy. Send me your address, and I will add you to our mailing list for the annual Houston swap meet held the second week in November. We are also having a swap/wet meet on Lake Houston on June 13th. Send me an email to texasoutboard@comcast.net and I will send you a copy of our last newsletter which has meet information on the back.

Tom

Steve D
        Participant

A friend of mine once put a "Wanted" ad on Craigslist for outboards. The response was great and he got more calls than he expected and stopped the ad shortly after he ran it. The good thing about that approach is everything was within driving distance.

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.