Home Forum Ask A Member parts supplier

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dmbono
    Participant

Have any of you done business with MarineEngine.com? Good points, bad points?

fleetwin
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

marineengine.com has been great to me, very quick shipping also.

1946zephyr
        Participant

Marine engine is a good supplier. For old motors, I like Sea-way marine and Engine Blade & Prop. I myself have only ordered from Marineengine once and it was a good experience.
          I frequent them for parts diagrams though

frankr
          Participant

US Member

They have a super stock of parts, and high prices. But I buy from them. Their service is good. Love their on-line parts books, which I use every day.

wiscoboater
            Participant

Very good in my book. HUGE selection of parts and in most cases, at your door in 3 to 4 days.

jpatti75
              Participant

US Member

Been very happy with my experiences at MarineEngine.com, and as mentioned above, they ship very quickly. I think they have the best flat rate shipping rates when compared with their competitors, too. I’ve also used Sea-way, iShopMarine, OldMercs, and all provide good products and service, but usually when I compare each and factor in shipping, MarineEngine comes out ahead when looking at overall price. Plus, their website is the easiest to use…in my humble opinion.

But, depending on your project, don’t forget about the small guys (and club members) like Doug Penn, Joe Poole, Dan Gano, and John McIntosh (and many others) for used and NOS parts and motors. All have been a huge help to me for my various projects.

JP

wiscoboater
                Participant

A little trick I learned from Mumbles, Get the part number from Marinengin and then check Amazon. Sometimes, but not all you can find basic things like carb and seal kits for less there on the same product.

phil-b
                  Participant

Once I have a part number I put it into google with the manufacturer’s name!

dmbono
                    Participant

thanks for the feedback. Some prices looked high- but I expected that from a company who is holding old stock.

phil-b
                      Participant
                        quote jpatti75:

But, depending on your project, don’t forget about the small guys (and club members) like Doug Penn, Joe Poole, Dan Gano, and John McIntosh (and many others) for used and NOS parts and motors.

I’ve gotten parts from from Dan Gano (www.ganotech.com) a number of times. He’s always been great!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.