Home Forum Ask A Member 1037 Elto Pal help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mercuryman
    Participant

My Pal will only run 1 second or two and the mixture needs to be near off . The motor has 60 PSI compression, the spark will jump a .090 GAP, I have checked the poppet valve for correct lift. I have also put the Pal carb on my Evinrude Sportsman and the motor will run good with the mixture on about # 3. What am I missing?

PS When I post a new topic I don’t have the Full Edit box and I can’t post a picture. I am a AOMCI member.

mercuryman
      Participant

My Pal will only run 1 second or two and the mixture needs to be near off . The motor has 60 PSI compression, the spark will jump a .090 GAP, I have checked the poppet valve for correct lift. I have also put the Pal carb on my Evinrude Sportsman and the motor will run good with the mixture on about # 3. What am I missing?

PS When I post a new topic I don’t have the Full Edit box and I can’t post a picture. I am a AOMCI member.

Mumbles
        Participant
          quote mercuryman:

?

If you have this box, click on the button at the bottom

to give you this box.

Mumbles
          Participant

If you are starting a new post, you will see this box on your screen and your editing can be done using the two bars at the top.

The Boat House
            Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
              • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by The Boat House.
              The Boat House
              Participant

garry-in-michigan
                Participant

Lifetime Member

That would be a model 4203 …

This might be easier to see.

Last seen as the Evinrude Ranger of 1947

. . . 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.