Home Forum Ask A Member 1926 Johnson AB-25 Water Pump

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    muddog2
    Participant

I got the motor running last night. Put it in a trash can this morning and it started 2nd pull! You guys are great. It does not circulate any water though. Next hurdle. Posted video on the AOMIC Facebook page this morning. Where should I start with water pump?

The Boat House
      Participant

muddog2
        Participant

If I blow or use suction on the part the water comes out of the shaft should I be able to get air to go through freely or not at all? I blew and used suction on the port water comes out of and could not get air to go in or out. Just trying to understand how pump works.
          Robert

The Boat House
          Participant

muddog2
            Participant

Took pump off and took apart and cleaned. put it together and put copper tube on the top and put it in the sink and pumped the bottom and water came out of the tube. Had a leak in gas line at solder point. Got that fixed also. Now I have to make a new gasket for the foot. Going to take it out this weekend for a trial run.
              Couldn’t have gotten it done without all the help at this forum. Thank to everyone.

Video to be posted of test run on the AOMCI Facebook page Next week.

Thanks, Robert

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.