1928 johnson A35 2.5 hp, HELP FIND ENGINE PARTS

Home Forum Ask A Member 1928 johnson A35 2.5 hp, HELP FIND ENGINE PARTS

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar johnsonseahorse 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    Derek York
    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 1
    Topics: 1

I’m about to turn 14 in feb, I bought my A35 for an alarm clock stand, but decided to start restoring it. I need any engine parts I can find for It, thanks
    my email is dyork0330@gmail.com

• This topic was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Mumbles Mumbles.
    Attachments:
    lyks2tinkr
    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 283
    Topics: 35

Good morning

A35 Johnsons were a common well running motor. I see you need the port cylinder. The Flywheel looks cockeyed. Is the crankshaft bent? I sent an email

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Avatar lyks2tinkr.
    Derek York
    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 1
    Topics: 1

crank is in great shape, not bent, the bolt on the bottom of the magneto is not tight, its been taken apart recently

Attachments:
    scott-m
    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 34
    Topics: 10

Saw this one in person a week ago – its frozen up, and I let the owner know that someone out there would be interested in parts…..

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/bpo/d/steilacoom-antique-johnson-outboard/6786914208.html

Scott

Bill Roth

Replies: 5
    Topics: 3

Glad to see some young people are interested. Watch out you could get hooked, better this than other things out there! I have the very same outboard, but not extra parts. QUESTION: Have you, or anyone, had a problem removing you magneto aluminum cover? I have tried everything, heat, puller, WD40 all different brands and striking the locking nut. Puzzled!

johnsonseahorse
    US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 4
    Topics: 0

hi derek.i sent you email.i have parts you need and then some.im well stocked for that engine.thanks jon koranda(special interest group leader Johnson under 10hp)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.