Home Forum Ask A Member 1936 Evinrude Lightwin Ignition

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    russonz
    Participant

International Member - 2 Years

Trying to sort out the lack of spark. Can someone tell me if there should be something where arrow 1 points to? It looks to me as if some sort on contact or spring is missing probably mounted where arrow 2 points to? I presume whatever should be there is necessary for it to work properly. The coil is good and I have replaced the faulty condensor with a suitable replacement. The magnets don’t seem very strong to me but I am trying to find out where I can have them remagnetised here in New Zealand but no luck so far. Hoping someone can help me out. The motor is in good mechanical condition otherwise and I am keen to get it running as It looks really nice after putting in a few hours on cleaning it up and beating out the dents in the fuel tank.

What;s missing here

Lightwin2

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by russonz.
      • This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Mumbles.
      The Boat House
      Participant

russonz
        Participant

Hey thank you, really helpful picture. I can see that I am missing this piece. Can anyone help me out with finding one. I have reproduced the decals from what was remaining on the tank and some help from another member so if anyone want’s a copy of the files to have them printed let me know.

Inkedpoints_LI

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by russonz.
          The Boat House
          Participant

russonz
            Participant

Thanks, Not much prewar American stuff in NZ but I’ll try. I contact you later on if I can’t find anything. You’ve been most helpful.

2fast4me
              Participant

Are these the same as zephyr points? I have extra.

2Fast4Me

The Boat House
                Participant

2fast4me
                  Participant

I have the same Lightwin, nice job on cleaning yours up. I have some Evinrude Zephrys and some PreWar Evinrude Lightfours that have that push rod type points system, they might work, I might have to research that if I have what will work I’ll let you know. As far as the decals I’m interested in the data. Jim Jordan Dodgeville, WI 53533….Thanks for the offer on the Decals…..

2Fast4Me

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by 2fast4me.
                    russonz
                    Participant

These are the decals I have done, The tank back one was taken from what remained on my one. The top ones have used some guess work so I am open to correction on these.

Lightwin-decal

Lightwin-tank-top-decal

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by russonz.
                      The Boat House
                      Participant

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.