Home Forum Ask A Member 1936 Evinrude Lightwin Ignition

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    russonz
    Participant

International Member - 2 Years

I can’t make the large decal waterslide as the decal paper isn’t begin enough so it has to be vinyl unfortunately. I designed these from the originals on the tank plus some info from another member using a drawing program on my computer. For the lettering I used a font which was vaguely similar and altered each letter until it matched the original. It would a lot quicker if I had a drawing tablet and stylus connected to the computer but I am only doing them for my own motors as I like the challenge. Some decals don’t work very well as a waterslide as the inkjet decal paper process allows background colour thru when the background is dark and the decal is light coloured. Transparent decal paper isn’t much good usually because of this so I use the white paper. I like the waterslide best as it feels good to be original looking but even with clear coat over the applied decal they can sometimes shrink if left in the sun for long periods of time.
      The Lightwin ones I posted here are available for any one who wants them. Let me know and I can email you the files as png, pdf or svg depending on what your print person can use. I can’t supply ai or eps formats which some print shops demand.
      I’m not interested in making money from them but I would be a bit upset if somobody decided to sell them.
      My problem is that here in New Zealand there are very few of the older outboards and even fewer outboard restorers so spares and local info are very difficult to find. Aomci is a great resource for me.

The Boat House
      Participant

russonz I have sent you a PM.

The Boat House
        Participant

The Boat House
          Participant

pm-2

The Boat House
            Participant

The Boat House
              Participant

Trying again

milty
                Participant

Lifetime Member

The parts manual for the 1937 and 1938 Lightwin, show the part number of the points you need to be 194508. the same point set was used on the Pal, Sportwin, Sportsman, Ace and Handitwin motors.

I have in my odd parts collection a mag platef, I believe from a Pal, with a good .point set. Give me your mailing address and it’s yours, no charge. Your motor looks too good not to become a runner!

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.