Home Forum Ask A Member 1938 1.1 hp Evinrude elto

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Robert Trueblood
    Participant

Just joined club, I would like to rebuild this little outboard. It has been dropped and and has bent the lower unit. Where can I get parts? I would like a service or repair manual for this motor. Can anyone help with this.

smokeonthewater
      Participant

I might have the parts you are looking for if you don’t mind they were painted some weird color. If you can provide me with the first 4 digits of the I.d tag. that will tell us what motor you have. If you can provide a picture of the damage, that would help get an idea of what parts you MIGHT need.
        Welcome to the club!

garry-in-michigan
        Participant

Lifetime Member

This is the parts book – At that time they didn’t have service manuals for the individual models. Everything ( from setting up o showroom to ordering parts) was covered in a single volume.

From the service manual –

Garry in Michigan

Robert Trueblood
          Participant

Thank you! I’m not much of a computer person. The first 4 #’s are 4266. I’m not sure how to send pictures. I have them on my phone.

phil
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

(ignore this empty post)

http://www.omc-boats.org
              http://www.aerocraft-boats.org

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by phil.
              smokeonthewater
              Participant

I have parts that will fit a 1941 pal 4266 Which is what you have. Just need to know which parts you need. Point to the pictures above.

Robert Trueblood
                Participant

I might have the parts you are looking for if you don’t mind they were painted some weird color. If you can provide me with the first 4 digits of the I.d tag. that will tell us what motor you have. If you can provide a picture of the damage, that would help get an idea of what parts you MIGHT need.

Welcome to the club!

Robert Trueblood
                  Participant

I have parts that will fit a 1941 pal 4266 Which is what you have. Just need to know which parts you need. Point to the pictures above.

I need the gear housing only, handle grip, cotter pin I’ll try to send pictures later

garry-in-michigan
                    Participant

Lifetime Member

Those light weight singles were rather delicate. A broken off gear case skegg was common. The Evinrude Ranger uses the same gear case.

Garry inMichigan

Robert Trueblood
                      Participant

image-3

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.