Home Forum Ask A Member 1947Evenrude sportsman cooling system

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    stanley
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Running at speed how much water should be coming out of the three horizontal slots above water? Or is the discharge under water at this point?How can I be sure enough is circulating?

garry-in-michigan
      Participant

Lifetime Member

There should be a fairly steady spray. Most will go out under water with the exhaust. The water jacket on those outboards consists of a turn and a half of copper tubing placed around the grey iron sleave when it is put in the die casting machine. The copper is much more resistant the corrosion but harder to clean if it gets plugged up. It’s hard to find a reliable Roto-Rooter that small.

. . . 😉

stanley
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks.It also appears from the drawing that there may be some parts missing in pump.Mine only has one set of impellars,3 armed and flexible rubber.I am looking for my tiny sewer snake.

garry-in-michigan
          Participant

Lifetime Member

The rubber pump doesn’t work in that model – Without the other parts.

These are the parts used in 1948 . . . 🙁

stanley
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

That explains it.I swapped a bottom section from a parts motor and had good water discharge,but that pump had different impellars.It was like the one in the 46 drawing you posted.I am new member and this is my first project along with another motor.All the help I’ve gotten here is awsome!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.